Purpose of the Program Manager Position
Reporting to the National President & CEO of USPAACC, the Program Manager (PM), develop and implement programs to ensure fulfillment of the USPAACC stated mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives on an on-going basis. Help to maintain relationship with major corporate members and supporters by working closely with the Corporate Development Manager (CDM). Help to maintain relationship with government officials, non-profits, and Asian American businesses (AAB) in consultation with the National President, AAB Department, and Communications Department. Manage Program Department staff, manage calendar.
- Work with Corporate Development Manager (CDM) and AAB Department to develop, build, and implement programs to provide optimal business, professional and educational opportunities for corporations and government agencies who buy from, market to, and socialize with Asian American and other minority businesses, to help them to achieve business goals.
- Prepare budget and income & expense reports for each program; inform Corporate Development and AAB Departments of the budgeted and final cost of each program and where the budget is insufficient, so they know the need to raise additional funds.
- Identify, develop and implement ways to improve access, by Asian American businesses, to business opportunities in corporations, government agencies and large non-profits, by serving as a hub:
- 1) for information from the Corporate Development Department about the needs and preferences of corporations, government and large non-profits;
- 2) information from the AAB Department about the pain points of small business members; and then
- 3) connect the dots, and communicate with the Corporate Development and AAB Departments, so they understand the needs of the clients of each department.
- Develop and Implement:
- Annual National Procurement Conference:
- Work with event planning contractor to ensure proper program implementation
- Develop innovative programs to promote and meet both Corporate and Asian American members’ expectations and needs.
- Organize multiple national conference committees.
- Identify and acquire conference speakers in consultation with the National President, and the Corporate Development and AAB Departments.
- Manage conference preparation timeline and budget.
- Prioritize workflow within a timeline.
- Assist in delivering conference sponsor benefits fulfilment for Corporate members and Government partners
- Business Express: ReadySetGrow
- College Internship Program (Communications, Legislations/ Government Relations, Program, andAdministration Internships)
- Corporate MBE Fellowship Program
- Business Leadership Series Webinar
- CEO Academy
- Hallmark College Scholarship Program
- Chamber Training Institute
- Member benefits fulfilment
- RFP (coordination between Corporate Development and AAB Departments on request for AAB referral from Corporations)
- Work with other departments in updating USPAACC main website and Conference website.
- Coordinate with Communications Department to create message for different outlets.
- Chapter Relations: Support the CEO in chapter relations management with clear and timely communications about national and regional events; collect chapter membership list, event registration list, financial statements; and release timely corporate regional membership fees to chapters.
- Coordinate, implement and follow through on all account contract agreements.
- Work with CDM and AAB Departments to obtain participation and sponsorship by corporation, government and AABs at national conference, regional events and other events such as Business Express and BLS (Business Leaders Series webinar), etc.
- Represent organization when appropriate at meetings and events of corporations, government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
- Experience in project & program management, specifically, in event planning.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, organize and implement multiple programs simultaneously.
- “Can-do” and “extra-mile” attitude but realistic in your ability to perform and not afraid to ask for help from the team (colleagues)
- B2B Sales & Marketing experience preferred.
- Exceptional organization and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate expectations with multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to details.
- Analytical, creative and willingness to take initiative to identify activities, events that appeal to members interests and attract new members and supporters.
- Demonstrated experience to work collaboratively and cooperatively with internal team to accomplish specific goals within a timeline
- Strong computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), event registration platform, virtual participation platform (such as GoToMeetings) and database systems.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Canva, or similar tool is a plus.
- Ability to work and get along in multi – cultural environment
- Not-for-profit organization experience will be a plus.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, seasoned professional with a strong bias for action, a can-do attitude, and a focus on specific, ambitious goals. She/he will preferrably have a Bachelors degree combined with two or more years of successful planning management in a non-profit environment. A successful candidate will have experience in both project management and program management, as well as event planning knowledge and/or experience.
The individual must be a creative and strategic thinker with a strong desire to effectively collaborate with, and influence, diverse audiences at various different organizations and corporations. It is important to have exceptional and effective communication skills, both written and oral, to work with varying levels of internal and external audiences. Critical to the individual’s success will be the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, and various clients nationwide. The individual must have the interest and desire to work with the Asian American population. Previous experience working within the Asian community is a plus.
- Experience in project management, specifically, in event planning.
- Sales & Marketing experience preferred.
- Exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details.
- Creative and willingness to take initiative to identify activities, events that appeal to members interests and attract new members and supporters.
- Demonstrated experience to work collaboratively and cooperatively with internal team to accomplish specific goals within a timeline.